Microsoft Office – Introductory
128 Hours | 4-Weeks
New to Word or need a refresher? This course will take you through a basic understanding of the most popular word processing tools on the market.
If you are a beginner starting to use Microsoft Word for the first time or if you have used previous versions of Microsoft Word (2003, 2007 or 2010) this course will give you the confidence you need to take on many word processing tasks. No prior Microsoft Word Knowledge is needed.
Student Learning Outcomes
At completion of this course you will have grasped the most popular and sought-after Microsoft Word tools and come away with confidence to complete many Word tasks with efficiency and grace. Below are just a few of the topics you will learn:
- Navigate and perform common tasks in Word, such as opening, viewing, editing, saving, and printing documents, and configuring the application;
- Format text and paragraphs;
- Perform repetitive operations efficiently using tools such as Find and Replace, Format Painter, and Styles;
- Enhance lists by sorting, renumbering, and customizing list styles.
- Create and format tables;
- Insert graphic objects into a document, including symbols, special characters, illustrations, pictures, and clip art;
- Format the overall appearance of a page through page borders and colors, watermarks, headers and footers, and page layout; and
- Use Word features to help identify and correct problems with spelling, grammar, readability, and accessibility.
Successful completion of the topics covered in the training course.